- Pick heels that are centered. That is, some heels go straight down from the back of the shoe. A heel that dips slightly inward so that it is centered under your heel provides more support. That makes the shoe more comfortable.
2. Make sure you’re strapped in. If your shoe is constantly slipping off your feet, it’s going to lead to discomfort. Instead, make sure to choose a shoe that straps securely on your feet for better comfort.
- Don’t tighten the straps too much. The straps should be tight enough that you’re not sliding around in the shoe but not so tight that they hurt your feet
3. Opt for platform shoes when possible. Platform shoes give you extra height overall, but you can still choose a lower heel in comparison to the platform. That way, your foot isn’t bent as awkwardly, and you can walk more comfortably.
- Plus, platforms provide more support for your feet, as there’s a bigger barrier between your foot and the sidewalk.